Friday, February 4, 2011

London calling...

Well, my first "real" post in this blog will be a fairly short one as I am waiting for my ride to the airport and my laptop still needs to find a spot in my bag...

So,off to London-town I go. London is probably my favourite city in the world, although home sweet home of Winnipeg runs a close second (I'll try to explain one day). I first went to London probably about 7 years ago, and I think I've been about that many times since, possibly more. There is just something about the way the air feels and how the pace of life is that resonates with me. Although, part of the irony in London being my favourite city is the ease (and low price) of getting away from it.

London is only a jumping off point at the start of this trip, Kenya is the real end destination, although there will be a small UK road trip after Kenya. Right now, I'm feeling a bit panicked because of a very tight connection time in Chicago, this was the airlines doing, not mine. I'm a big believer of thinking that although annoying, you almost can never be too early for a flight.

We have a day and a half to get to London and catch our onward flight to Kenya but since we are not booked all the way through (the Kenya trip was booked separately) if we get waylaid on the way we are pretty much buggered if we miss the chartered Kenyan flight.

Cross your fingers for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment